Flutter News #3 | December 2023
What’s new about Flutter? Welcome to the new edition of our #FlutterNews – your monthly doze of Flutter buzz brought to you by our Flutter Team!
Hello Flutter fans! While we’ve been hard at work on our coding projects, our Flutter team has also been busy collecting a variety of exciting updates and hidden gems from the dynamic Flutter community. We can’t wait to share them with you. Are you ready for the adventure? Welcome to #FlutterNews – your monthly gateway to all things Flutter.
Highlighting Flutter events
Early bird tickets for Flutter Heroes 2024 are now available! The event will take place on February 23rd in Turin, Italy. The speaker lineup hasn’t been announced yet, but based on the 2023 edition, it’s sure to be awesome! Learn more here.
Noteworthy articles of the month
- Flutter 3.16 is live! The incredible power of Impeller finally coming to Android, the ability to extend DevTools, or updates to the Flutter Casual Games Toolkit – check out all this and more in this review by Kevin Chsholm.
- Along with Flutter, Dart also got an update. Update 3.2 to be exact. Michael Thomsen, Dart’s product manager, sums it up nicely in this announcement article.
- Preorders for the Flutter engineering book by Majid Hajian, a started! The book is planned to launch in January 2024, so don’t miss out! Check it here.
And for those who are looking for ways to improve their Flutter skills:
- Your widgets getting bloated fast? Huge widget trees that become unbearable to read? Here’s a solution! In this article, you’ll find a clean way to structure your UI code to make it easier to read and navigate.
- Staying with the topic of building UIs, have you ever struggled with building widgets that fit every possible screen? Here’s a quick guide to help you out.
- The built-in Dart Linter is great, but sometimes the default rules are just not enough. If that’s the case for your project, here’s a tutorial written by Karol Wrótniak on how to create some custom linters.
Looking for more content like this? Follow us on our social media for regular updates!